The College offers a spacious, computerized, and rich in collection library. The library is spread across two levels with a total area of 10499 sq ft. The library has 400 seating capacity. It is the centre of all academic activities, which provides necessary facilities to its readers to achieve proficiency in their respective fields and to incorporate general knowledge. The aspect of mental development is fully supported by the library.
The Library stocks necessary study material for preparing for various competitive examinations like: GMAT, TOEFL, GRE NET/SET, UPSC, MPSC as well as material on interviews, group discussion, personality development, etc. Under this section we have growing collection of 434 books apart from periodicals.
The Library has automated all its functions by the use of SLIM21 software version 3.3.
The Library is open for 10 hrs a day on all days except Sundays and Public/college holidays:
Working Hours 7.30 AM to 5.30 PM
Issuing Timings: 9.00 AM to 3.30 PM on all days.
Despite these timings library provides all kinds of material for consultation during full working hours.
Databases: To meet the changing needs of users the library subscribes to following databases:
• EBSCO Academic Search Elite: Academic Search Elite contains full text for more than 2,300 journals from 50 disciplines, Nearly 150 journals have PDF images dating back to 1985.
• EBSCO- Literary Reference Center: This database provides access to full text plot summaries, synopses and work overviews; articles/essays of literary criticism; more than 252,000 author biographies 450 literary journals; book reviews; classic and contemporary poems; classic and contemporary short stories; author interviews; classic texts; and much more.
• N-LIST Programme: Under this programme user can get access to valuable e-resources- > 6000 e-journals (including current issues with 5-10 years back-files) and > 30,000,00 e-books. With provided loin ID and passwords reader can access to these e-resources.
Digital Repository: The Library maintains an Institutional Repository by the use of DSpace software. Campus wide access is available on intra-net. user can access to important contents in the digital form as mentioned below:
• Previous years’ question papers.
• News paper clippings.
• Audio-visual files related to various college programmes.
Library Online Catalogue WebOPAC: Through this facility reader can check the availability, location, status and other details of reading material. To enrich the catalogue, book summaries, book cover images and keywords have also been added to the bibliographical details. QR Codes and Google Preview are new features of the catalogue.
BLOG: We have created a blog to update our users about latest activities and additions to the library collection.
Library Collection Print Resources
• Books – 61120 Titles: 48240
• Back volumes-3009
• Sadhu Vaswani and Dada J P Vaswani Collection- 1340
• Project Reports- 1368
• Manuscripts- 13
• Thesis -85
• Braille Books- 23
• Journals= 47
• Magazines= 11
• News Papers= 17
• Gratis Journals =26
• CD/DVD -2506
• Digital Repository Files= 1477
• E-books- 30,000,00+ (Under Nlist- Inflibnet)
• E-Journals in Database – 8374+ (NLIST+EBSCO)